Historic Building Recording And Assessment: Newhailes House, Flower Garden
- HER number: MEL9563
- HER number: EEL1027
- Site Name: Historic Building Recording And Assessment: Newhailes House, Flower Garden
- Grid Reference: 332640 672555
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: Addyman Archaeology, Simpson & Brown Architects
- Description: (1) In December 2017, Addyman Archaeology undertook an historic building survey at the Flower Garden, Newhailes House and Estate. The works concerned the exposure, cleaning and recording of the wall footing of a curved boundary wall to a mid to late 18th-century formal garden. A drawn, written and photographic record was produced for the wall footing and its immediate context. A sherd of green-glazed pottery was also recovered.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Skinner, A T. 2017. Newhailes House and Estate. Flower Garden: Historic Building Record and Assessment.