Newhailes House And Estate: Garden Features : Rapid Assessment
- HER number: EEL1028
- Site Name: Newhailes House And Estate: Garden Features : Rapid Assessment
- Grid Reference: 332526 672425
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: Addyman Archaeology, Simpson & Brown Architects
- Description: (1) In February 2018, Addyman Archaeology undertook rapid assessment of two garden features on the Newhailes House and Estate. The works concerned the exposure, cleaning and photographic recording of a Beeston Junior Boiler connected to the extant glasshouse, and a stone-lined flue on the course of the heated wall dividing two areas of the western walled gardens. The boiler dates either from the late 19th or earlier 20th centuries. The flue provided the heating for the heated wall.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Skinner, A T. 2018. Newhailes House and Estate, Musselburgh: Garden features - Rapid Assessment.