Please note: Due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak we are currently closed.
Building Recording At 42-44 Market Street, Haddington
- HER number: MEL2544
- HER number: EEL133
- Site Name: Building Recording At 42-44 Market Street, Haddington
- Grid Reference: 351484 673920
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: Addyman Associates
- Description: (1) In December 1997, historic building recording was undertaken by Thomas Addyman at 42-44 Market Street. A recording exercise was undertaken upon the four surviving outer walls of the structure that had been gutted internally. A complex structural history was identified, the standing remains consisting of seven principal phases dating from the 16th-18th centuries. This evolution saw the encroachment into and colonisation of part of the street. The later phases included the construction of a timber-framed frontage.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Addyman, T. 1997. 42-44 Market Street, Haddington, East Lothian.