Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
Historic Building Recording At 93 North High Street, Musselburgh
- HER number: MEL8843
- HER number: EEL175
- Site Name: Historic Building Recording At 93 North High Street, Musselburgh
- Grid Reference: 334051 672869
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: Headland Archaeology
- Description: (1) In July 2002, CFA Archaeology Ltd undertook historic building recording at 93 North High Street, Musselburgh, as part of a programme of archaeological works prior to the development of the site as housing. The building recording involved a wall which constitutes the present western boundary of Gracefield Car Park. The boundary wall measures 28m long and stands to a height of 2.6m, and was built of uncoursed rubble. Three blocked windows were present, between two partition wall scars. This represents a building which predates the 1893 OS map, by which time this wall of the building had been incorporated into a boundary wall.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Johnson, M. 2002. 93 North High Street, Musselburgh, East Lothian: Archaeological Evaluation.