Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
Historic Building Recording At The Marine Hotel, 18 Cromwell Road, North Berwick
- HER number: MEL8854
- HER number: EEL207
- Site Name: Historic Building Recording At The Marine Hotel, 18 Cromwell Road, North Berwick
- Grid Reference: 354029 685437
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: Headland Archaeology
- Description: (1) (2) In September 2004, Headland Archaeology Ltd undertook a Level 2 historic building survey of three 19th century buildings within the curtilage of the Marine Hotel, Cromwell Road, North Berwick. These buildings were due to be demolished as part of a redevelopment of the area, as well as a number of 20th century additions to the hotel. The three surviving 19th century buildings are a carriage house and stables, and a fourth building had already been demolished. In its completed form the western one and a half storey building represented an ornate carriage house accomodating at least two vehicles. Living accomodation was also provided by a small dwelling in the eastern bay, probably for the stable manager, and on the first floor above for the stable boys. The second building was a stables, and the third was probably also used for stabling or as a feed store.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Kimber, M. 2004. Marine Hotel, 18 Cromwell Road, North Berwick, East Lothian: Desk-Based Assessment and Historic Building Survey.
- (2) Unpublished document: Kimber, M. 2004. Marine Hotel, 18 Cromwell Road, North Berwick, East Lothian: Building B East Wall (addendum to previous reports).