Evaluation And Watching Brief At North Berwick Law
- HER number: MEL9337
- HER number: EEL333
- Site Name: Evaluation And Watching Brief At North Berwick Law
- Grid Reference: 355791 684371
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: Headland Archaeology
- Description: (1) In February and March 2001, Headland Archaeology Ltd undertook an archaeological evaluation and watching brief on the NE slope of North Berwick Law prior to a programme of tree planting. A hand-dug trench, 6 x 1m, was excavated across a bank, thought to be the boundary of a plantation established in 1707. The profile of the bank was recorded. Two pieces of flint and a copper-alloy buckle were found within topsoil deposits. Twelve test pits, 0.5 x 0.5m, were excavated across the area to be planted. No archaeological deposits or finds were encountered. A watching brief on the excavation of post-holes for a perimeter fence around the plantation area revealed no archaeological finds or deposits.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Lowe, C and Dalland, M. 2001. North Berwick Law, East Lothian: An Archaeological Survey.