Please note: Due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak we are currently closed.
Excavation Of Pickle Dirt To Salters Road Boundary; A68 Dalkeith Northern Bypass
- HER number: MEL9532
- HER number: EEL404
- Site Name: Excavation Of Pickle Dirt To Salters Road Boundary; A68 Dalkeith Northern Bypass
- Grid Reference: 334674 669061
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: CFA Archaeology Ltd
- Description: (1) In May to July 2006, CFA Archaeology Ltd undertook excavation of part of a substantial boundary ditch running from Pickle Dirt to Salters Road, and which forms the current county boundary, in advance of the A68 Dalkeith Northern Bypass. In the sections excavated, the ditch had been completely in-filled, but to the west it survives as a broad ditch with a south facing wall retaining its north side.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- Article in serial: Cameron, K; Cressey, M; Duwell, A; Mitchell, S; Rees, A; Strachan, R and Suddaby, I. 2010. Excavations on the Route of the Dalkeith Northern Bypass, 1994-95 and 2006.
- (1) Unpublished document: Suddaby, I et al. 2007. A68 Upgrading; Dalkeith Northern Bypass, East Lothian / Midlothian: Archaeological Evaluation, Excavations, & Designed Landscape Recording.