An Archaeological Evaluation At The Archerfield Estate, Dirleton
- HER number: MEL1244
- HER number: MEL1256
- HER number: MEL2013
- HER number: MEL2020
- HER number: MEL8764
- HER number: EEL43
- Site Name: An Archaeological Evaluation At The Archerfield Estate, Dirleton
- Grid Reference: 350648 685197
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: Headland Archaeology
- Description: (1-2) Between September and October 1999, Headland Archaeology Ltd undertook an archaeological evaluation on the Archerfield Estate, prior to development of the land as a golf course and leisure centre. The evaluation revealed three distinct areas of archaeological significance: 1) the site of the cairn at White Knowe MEL2020, 2) the deserted medieval settlement of Eldbotle MEL2013, and 3) an area defined by postholes or pits west of Duncan's Plantation MEL8764.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Baker, L. and Moloney, C.. 1999. An Archaeological Evaluation of the Archerfield Estate, Dirleton, East Lothian: Data Structure Report and Mitigation Proposals.
- (2) Unpublished document: Baker, L. and Moloney, C.. 2001. Appendix B3 Archaeology.