Watching Brief At 63-65 High Street North Berwick
- HER number: MEL8850
- HER number: EEL803
- Site Name: Watching Brief At 63-65 High Street North Berwick
- Grid Reference: 355284 685275
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: Headland Archaeology
- Description: (1) A watching brief was conducted during the excavation of foundation trenches for an extension to the rear of a property fronting onto the High Street. While the trenching itself did not damage any archaeology, a small sondage cut into the bottom of the trench did reach deposits containing medieval pottery and a possible surface. A record was also made of a pre-1854 gable-end wall which is adjacent to the development.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- Bibliographic reference: Conolly, R. 2001a. '63-65 High Street, North Berwick, East Lothian (North Berwick parish), watching brief', Discovery Excav Scot Vol. 2 2001, p.35-6.
- (1) Unpublished document: Conolly, R. 2001. Results of an Archaeological Watching Brief at 63-65 High Street North Berwick.