Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
Trial Trench Evaluation At Land West Of Aberlady Road, Haddington
For copyright information please contact ELC Archaeology Service
- HER number: MEL10864
- HER number: MEL10865
- HER number: MEL10866
- HER number: MEL2178
- HER number: EEL853
- Site Name: Trial Trench Evaluation At Land West Of Aberlady Road, Haddington
- Grid Reference: 350476 674439
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: GUARD Archaeology
- Description: (1)-(2) In September 2014, GUARD Archaeology undertook a trial trench evaluation in land located to the west of Aberlady Road, Haddington in advance of a housing development. A number of archaeological features, including shallow drains, broad rig cultivation remnants and a demolished field boundary wall, all of likely late post-medieval or modern date were found during the trial trenching. Modern tile and rubble drains were also encountered across most of the site. A possible prehistoric cropmark (MEL2178) recorded within the proposed development site was also targeted by trial trench, but no evidence of this cropmark feature was found. The recorded location of the cropmark was found to be crossed by numerous rubble field drains, which may have given rise to the cropmark visible on aerial photographs.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Hunter Blair, A. 2014. Aberlady Road, Haddington, East Lothian: Archaeological Evaluation.
- (2) Digital archive: Hunter Blair, A. 2014. Aberlady Road, Haddington, East Lothian: Archaeological Evaluation.