Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
Archaeological Evaluation Trench Excavation At Amisfield Walled Garden
- HER number: MEL1159
- HER number: EEL862
- Site Name: Archaeological Evaluation Trench Excavation At Amisfield Walled Garden
- Grid Reference: 353387 674211
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: Connolly Heritage Consultancy
- Description: (1) During September 2013 to February 2014, Connolly Heritage Consultancy, together with students from the University of Edinburgh Archaeology Society and with support from the Amisfield Preservation Trust, excavated two evaluation trenches within the footprint of a proposed temporary education centre. The trenches measured 3m by 1m and 4m by 2m (L-shaped). No archaeological features, deposits or finds were encountered during the archaeological work; evidence for the area under investigation having undergone ploughing during the WWII period was noted.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Connolly, D. 2014. Visitor Centre, Amisfield Walled Garden, Haddington.