Trial Trench Evaluation At Temple Quarry (phase 2)
- HER number: MEL7979
- HER number: EEL898
- Site Name: Trial Trench Evaluation At Temple Quarry (phase 2)
- Grid Reference: 335119 658338
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: GUARD Archaeology
- Description: (1) During August 2011, GUARD undertook a trial trench evaluation in advance of a proposed quarry extension. Sixteen trenches were excavated, revealing subsoil deposits of sandy clays and gravels overlying natural subsoil. Trial trenches were also targeted across the recorded alignment of a trackway which ran across the north-west part of the site, but no remains of this feature were encountered. The trackway is likely to have been an ephemeral routeway, with an more substantial remains or surface features removed through later ploughing activity. No other archaeological features, deposits or artefacts were recorded.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Bailie, W. 2011. Temple Quarry: Phase 2, North Middleton, Midlothian.