Historic Building Appraisal At Papple Steading
- HER number: MEL1065
- HER number: EEL954
- Site Name: Historic Building Appraisal At Papple Steading
- Grid Reference: 359101 672472
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: Addyman Archaeology, Simpson & Brown Architects
- Description: (1-2) In February 2007, Addyman Archaeology undertook a historic building apprasial of Papple Farm Steading as part of a planning application for the site. The bulding recording concluded that Papple steading is an exceptional example of a 19th century East Lothian farming complex and is part of a wider designed agricultural landscape that includes the farmhouse, rectilinear arrangement of roads and the extensive, attractive and well-built field walls that surround the site.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Addyman, T. 2007. Papple farm Steading, Whittingehame: Historic Building Appraisal.
- (2) Digital archive: Addyman, T. 2007. Papple Steading, figures.