Humbie And Fala Free Church
- HER number: MEL10116
- Site Name: Humbie And Fala Free Church
- Grid Reference: 346000 662474
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Nonconformist Chapel (19th Century, Post Medieval)
- Church (19th Century, Post Medieval)
- Summary: Site of Free Church, built c. 1845
- Description: (1) James S. Dodds, minister of the parish, “came out” in 1843. A church was built on a site secured at Upper Keith, temporary accommodation being found in a barn. With the decrease of the population the congregation declined, and from 1884 to 1888 it was conducted as a preaching station.
Membership: 1848, 190; 1900, 81.
Source: Annals of the Free Church of Scotland, 1843–1900, ed. Rev. William Ewing, D.D., 2 vols. pub. 1914. Film #918572. More details may be given in the source including a list of ministers.
(2-3) The Free Church is shown on the 1st and 2nd edition OS maps, 1855 and 1895.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (2) Map: Ordnance Survey. 1855. Haddingtonshire. 1:10560.
- (3) Map: Ordnance Survey. 1895. Haddingtonshire. 1:10560.