Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
- HER number: MEL10305
- Site Name: Halls
- Grid Reference: 365260 672969
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: Circular cropmark, possible barrow or round house
- Description: (1) This enclosure and pits have been recorded as cropmarks on oblique aerial photographs (RCAHMSAP 2009). The enclosure is sub-rectangular in plan and defined by a ditch about 1.6m wide. The enclosed area is 23m NW-SE, and 8m SW-NE, but the E side is missing. Up to 20 pits are visible SE of the rectilinear enclosure, ranging from 2.5m to 7m in diameter. There is also modern drain traversing the field NW-SE.
Information from RCAHMS (KHJM) 31 Oct 2011
(2) A circular cropmark c. 9m in diameter, possibly a barrow or round house, was recorded by RCAHMS from aerial photography (photo number DP080792). Other features recorded separately.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- (2) Aerial Photograph: RCAHMS. Various. DP080792.