Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
Land West Of Aberlady Road, Haddington, Wall
For copyright information please contact ELC Archaeology Service
- HER number: MEL10865
- Site Name: Land West Of Aberlady Road, Haddington, Wall
- Grid Reference: 350499 674440
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: Remains of field boundary wall found during a trial trench evaluation by GUARD in 2014
- Description: (1)-(3) A trial trench evaluation conducted by GUARD in 2014 found the remains of a demolished linear wall in seven trenches, visible as a rubble spread and aligned roughly east to west. The wall corresponds to a linear field boundary depicted on the Ordnance Survey 1st Edition map and likely dates to the 18th/19th century. A local resident noted that the wall was demolished during the construction of the A1 Haddington by-pass by excavating a linear trench along the south side of the wall into which the wall-stones could be demolished.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Unpublished document: Hunter Blair, A. 2014. Aberlady Road, Haddington, East Lothian: Archaeological Evaluation.
- (2) Digital archive: Hunter Blair, A. 2014. Aberlady Road, Haddington, East Lothian: Archaeological Evaluation.
- (3) Map: Ordnance Survey. 1855. Haddingtonshire. 1:10560.