West Mains / Falside Castle
- HER number: MEL110
- Site Name: West Mains / Falside Castle
- Grid Reference: 337708 670920
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Summary: Linear cropmarks, possible trackway
- Description: NT37SE 76 376 709.
A series of linear cropmarks have been identified from aerial photographs across the N half of a field immediately to the W of Falside Castle (NT37SE 25). A relatively wide and irregular cropmark, visible from NT c.3760 7089 to NT c.3772 7091, a distance of some 115m, is intersected by a number of less distinct linear features and geological marks. A further linear cropmark has been recorded in adjacent field to the S (NT37SE 77).
Information from RCAHMS (KB) 15 December 1999.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places: