- HER number: MEL1181
- Site Name: Artillery Park
- Grid Reference: 351699 674300
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Military Camp
- Military Hospital
- Summary: Military camp and hospital
- Description: NT57SW 88 517 743
(1) Artillery Park (name: NT 517 743 on OS 6" 1854) - A cultivated field at the NE end of Haddington where a temporary building was erected for lodging the Artillery Corps when they were stationed in Haddington. The site of the building cannot now be traced. (The area covered by the field is now occupied by a housing scheme.)
Name Book 1853.
(2) An army hospital was sited on the south-east corner of Artillery Park. It was well kept and set apart to prevent noise and infection from disease.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- (1) Bibliographic reference: Name Book (County). Original Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No.41, 34, 95.
- (2) Unpublished document: Gell, N. 2005?. Hardgate.