North Berwick Law
- HER number: MEL1292
- Site Name: North Berwick Law
- Grid Reference: 354999 683999
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Findspot (Bronze Age, Late Prehistoric, Late Bronze Age, Prehistoric)
- Summary: A bronze leaf-shaped sword, late Bronze Age
- Description: NT58SE 31 c. 55 84.
(1) A bronze leaf-shaped sword was found on the upper part of North Berwick Law (NT 55 84) about 1887, but has since been lost.
Information from J S Richardson (7 Tantallon Terr, North Berwick) letter, 11 September 1962.
(2) See attached for this extract from an article Trevor Cowie and Brendan O'Connor published recently on 'Late Bronze Age swords from Scotland; some finds old and new' in C Burgess et al, eds, Beyond Stonehenge. Essays on the Bronze Age in honour of Colin Burgess, pp 316-34. The remainder of the last paragraph of this section simply mentions LBA finds from Arthur's Seat and Mid Eildon Hill.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (2) Article in monograph: Cowie, T and O'Connor, B. 2006?. 'A Lost Sword from North Berwick Law', Late Bronze Age Swords from Scotland.