Dunbar, Lawson Place, St Anne's Church, Rectory / Halls
- HER number: MEL2890
- Site Name: Dunbar, Lawson Place, St Anne's Church, Rectory / Halls
- Grid Reference: 367760 679014
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Vicarage (20th Century, Modern)
- Summary: Rectory, 1912
- Description: NT67NE 193 67760 79014
NT67NE 188 67815 79055 St Anne's Episcopal Church
Historic Scotland Listed Building Description: W J Walker Todd, Edinburgh 1912. Symmetrical 2-storey, 5-bay
villa with 3-bay single storey and attic block to W. Rubble
base course, rendered walls and stacks; no margins but raised
cills. Stacks with corbelled, deep copes; green slate piended
N ENTRACE FRONT: 3 central bays single storey, with swept
bell-cast roof above. Piended roof to full-height end
pavilion bays. Moulded architrave to door, date and
inscription lintel panel with conch canopy above on volute
supports; panelled door. Windows in flanking bays. Small
piended dormer in roof above, with stack set below ridge.
REAR S FRONT: single storey, 3-light canted windows with
arched recesses above centre lights and alternating raised
voissoirs, in outer bays.
12-paned glazing pattern throughout; tall sash window ground
floor centre serving as access to terrace.
E FRONT: arched doorway to N side with semi-circular
fanlight, panelled door and alternate raised voussoirs
flanking window to S.
INTERIOR: red tiled vestibule. Simple dignified decoration.
Decorative Adamesque drawing room chimneypiece, with marble
and cast-iron back.
Rounded rubble gatepiers.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods: