Whittingehame House, Heather Lodge
- HER number: MEL1711
- HER number: MEL4406
- Site Name: Whittingehame House, Heather Lodge
- Grid Reference: 361107 673149
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Gate Pier (19th Century, Post Medieval)
- Gate Lodge (19th Century, Post Medieval)
- Summary: Gate lodge, c. 1830
- Description: Historic Scotland Listed Building Description: Circa 1830 with later alterations. Single storey gate
lodge originally T-plan with substantial additions to W.
Cream sandstone, squared, snecked and stugged; base
course; chamfered reveals.
S ELEVATION: irregular 4-bay, right bay belongs to the
original lodge. Doorway left of centre and canted bay
right of centre; gabled outer bays, with stone mullioned
bipartite window to left bay and single window to right
with corbelled stone slab canopy. Similar window in
gabled bay on E elevation. Plate glass sash and case
windows; large grey slates to original work with leaded
flashings and overhanging eaves; timber eaves brackets,
kingposts and tapering finials; moulded coping to stacks.
GATEPIERS, QUADRANTS AND BOUNDARY WALLS: 4 red
sandstone gatepiers with pyramidal caps, linked by low
coped quadrants (former railings removed). Rubble
boundary walls adjoining.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods: