St Germains, Cottage / Stables
- HER number: MEL562
- HER number: MEL4561
- Site Name: St Germains, Cottage / Stables
- Grid Reference: 342648 674721
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Granary (18th Century, Post Medieval)
- Stable (18th Century, Post Medieval)
- Summary: Late 18th century stable and granary, converted into a house in the later 20th century
- Description: Historic Scotland Listed Building Description: Late 18th century with later additions. 2-storey piend-roofed stable and granary, currently residential, with irregular single storey both additions to E, linking with St Germains House and sited to S of Coach House. Cream sandstone rubble with ashlar dressings; harl-pointing.
Former stables with 3 bays to N, door at centre blocked with 3 narrow windows and further window to left; square granary windows to 3 bays above.
Grey slate piend roof.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- Bibliographic reference: Bell-Ingram. 1986. The Coach House, St Germains, nr Longniddry, East Lothian: [sale particulars].