Dunbar, High Street, Abbey Church Of Scotland / Dunbar, Abbey Road, United Free Church, Uf Church
- HER number: MEL4626
- Site Name: Dunbar, High Street, Abbey Church Of Scotland / Dunbar, Abbey Road, United Free Church, Uf Church
- Grid Reference: 368010 678713
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Church (19th Century, Post Medieval)
- Summary: Church, 1850
- Description: Historic Scotland Listed Building Description: Thomas Hamilton, Edinburgh 1850. Ashlar white Catcraig facade
with snecked rubble body. Slate roof. A symmetrical
tripartite facade; pointed arched doorway at centre, 3
stepped lancets above; pinnacled turret with weathervane to
left and pinnacled buttress to right; outer buttresses and
blind arcading to upper level of outer bays. String course
encircling the building at gallery level. Tiled bellcote
spirelet at centre of ridge.
W AND E FACES: 4 lancets below, 3 above.
S ELEVATION: low projecting gabled block with wallhead
chimney and lancets below. 2 lancets in aisles; cusped
circular window in gable.
Rubble boundary wall with ashlar cope, metal railings and
lamp standards at front.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods: