Gilmerton, Eight Arches, The Granary
- HER number: MEL6013
- HER number: MEL6014
- Site Name: Gilmerton, Eight Arches, The Granary
- Grid Reference: 354641 677687
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Granary (19th Century, Post Medieval)
- Cart Shed (19th Century, Post Medieval)
- Summary: 19th century cartshed and granary, converted to residential use
- Description: Historic Scotland Listed Building Description: Commendable conversion of early 19th century, 8-arched cartshed and granary to residential use. Random rubble with stugged ashlar dressings, chamfered reveals to arches.
N ELEVATION: 8 arches at ground, 4 wide windows to loft above.
S ELEVATION: 2 doorways and 3 tall windows at ground, 7 windows to ist floor; alterations of original openings. Modern skylights. Glazed porch, conservatory to outer left.
Large loft doorway to W gable glazed.
Straight skews, renewed red pantiles. Unobtrusive modern ridge stack.
Historic Scotland Listed Building Notes: Formerly part of Gilmerton Home Farm.
Historic Scotland Listed Building References: Gilmerton Estate Plans: RHP1394, RHP1393.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods: