Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
- HER number: MEL603
- Site Name: Gullane Links
- Grid Reference: 349399 685699
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: Early medieval long cist, enclosures, and pottery
- Description: NT48NE 6 494 857.
(1) (NT 494 857) Enclosures, flint arrowheads, Dark Age long cist and early medieval pottery found (J S Richardson).
NMAS 6" record sheet.
(2) This is an area of sand dunes and long grass. There is no trace of any enclosures. No further information. (See also NT48NE 1).
Visited by OS (SFS) 10 July 1975
(3) A Dark Age long cist, enclosures, flint arrowheads and early medieval pottery have been found here. The RCAHMS reported in 1975 that this area was covered with sand dunes and long grass and they could not find any trace of these features. This survey was no more successful.
Site recorded by GUARD during the Coastal Assessment Survey for Historic Scotland, 'The Firth of Forth from Dunbar to the Coast of Fife' 19th February 1996.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (2) Unpublished document: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Site Visit.
- (3) Unpublished document: James, H F. 1996. Coastal Assessment Survey: The Firth of Forth from Dunbar to the Border of Fife. 173.