Gullane Sands, Aberlady Bay
- HER number: MEL6329
- Site Name: Gullane Sands, Aberlady Bay
- Grid Reference: 345219 681509
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Anti Tank Block (20th Century, Modern)
- Target (20th Century, Modern)
- Summary: Target indicator and anti-tank blocks
- Description: NT48SE 150 4522 8151
See also NT48SE 8008.
(Location established by GPS as NT 45221 81510). This target indicator is set between the two midget submarines NT48SE 8008 in the intertidal sands of Aberlady Bay. It is about 1100m NNW of Aberlady Point and 1800m SSW of Gullane Point, and about 100m from the water's edge at Low Water Neap tides.
The structure comprises one anti-tank block on top of four others buried in sand; four metal post stanchions are set around. It may fall within Aberlady parish, the boundary between Aberlady and Dirleton parishes being here undefined.
Visited by RCAHMS (DRE, RJCM), 22 February 2003.
NMRS REPORT DATE: 07/03/2003
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods: