Please note: Due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak we are currently closed.
- HER number: MEL7974
- Site Name: Myreside
- Grid Reference: 366427 677325
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: Two pits with early Neolithic pottery, one with Beaker pottery
- Description: NT67NE 509 from 661 774 to 680 772
(1) (2) NT 661 774 to NT 680 772 Topsoil stripping associated with the upgrade of the A1 trunk road was monitored between April 2002 and January 2003 over a distance of 2.2km.
Three prehistoric pits were found, containing a combined total of 212 prehistoric pottery sherds. One highly truncated pit (NT 664 773) contained 38 sherds of Beaker pottery, while the other two (NT 664 773 and NT 664 773) contained 79 and 95 sherds of probable Early Neolithic pottery.
Report lodged with East Lothian SMR and the NMRS.
Scottish Executive Development Department: Trunk Roads Design and Construction Division, with HS
D Sneddon 2003
NMRS REPORT DATE: 01/04/2005
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Bibliographic reference: Sneddon, D. 2003c. 'Thistly Cross to Spott Road (Dunbar; Spott parishes), watching brief', Discovery Excav Scot Vol. 4 2003, p.57. 57.
- (2) Unpublished document: Sneddon, D. 2003. Thistly Cross to Spott Road: Topsoil Strip Monitoring: The Prehistoric Pits.