Please note: Due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak we are currently closed.
Chevrette: Firth Of Forth
- HER number: MEL9176
- Site Name: Chevrette: Firth Of Forth
- Grid Reference: 0 0
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: Wreck, 1846
- Description: NT67NE 8077 unlocated
NLO: Dunbar [name: NT 678 790].
Leith, 20th Oct. `The French brig-of-war CHEVRETTE, was run down and sunk off Dunbar, 19th inst., by the French corvette-of-war PREVOYANT, which vessels had been on the coast for the protection of the fisheries: four men drowned.'
Source: The Marine List, LL, No. 10,173, London, Thursday October 22 1846.
NMRS, MS/829/72 (no. 8107).
(1) (Classified as brig-of-war: date of loss cited as 19 October 1846). Chevrette: this vessel was in collision and sank off Dunbar (Prevoyant). Registration: French.
(Location of loss cited as N56 0 W2 0).
I G Whittaker 1998.
The map sheet assigned to this record is arbitrary.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 3 August 2005.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- Bibliographic reference: Whittaker, I G. 1998. Off Scotland: a comprehensive record of maritime and aviation losses in Scottish waters. 230.