Please note: Due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak we are currently closed.
Providentia: Firth Of Forth
- HER number: MEL9190
- Site Name: Providentia: Firth Of Forth
- Grid Reference: 0 0
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: Wreck, 1839
- Description: NT69SW 8044 unlocated
Leith, 19th Nov. `The PROVIDENTIA, Lund, from Hull, having sprung a leak at sea, was run on shore in the Firth of Forth, and has become a total wreck; crew saved.¿
Source: The Marine List, LL, No. 8021, London, Thursday November 21 1839.
NMRS, MS/829/71 (no. 7493).
(1) (No classification or cargo specified: date of loss cited as 19 November 1839). Providentia: this vessel was run ashore in the Firth of Forth, and wrecked. Capt. Lund.
(Loication cited as N56 0 W3 0).
I G Whittaker 1998.
The map sheet and quasi-administrative area assigned to this record are entirely arbitrary.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 8 September 2005.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Bibliographic reference: Whittaker, I G. 1998. Off Scotland: a comprehensive record of maritime and aviation losses in Scottish waters.