Unknown: Firth Of Forth
- HER number: MEL9193
- Site Name: Unknown: Firth Of Forth
- Grid Reference: 0 0
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Marine Casualty (20th Century, Modern)
- Summary: Wreck, 1921
- Description: NT77NW 8056 unlocated
NLO: Dunbar [name: NT 678 790]
Skateraw Harbour [name: NT 737 756].
(1) (No classification or cargo specified: date of loss cited as 11 December 1921). Unknown: wreckage on Haddington [East Lothian] coast, including a 1.5 ton stern crane at Skateraw.
(Location of loss cited as N55 58.5 W2 25.0).
I G Whittaker 1998.
The location, map sheet and quasi-administrative area assigned to this record are essentially arbitrary, being derived from the location cited by Whittaker. The date and location he cites are those of the discovery of wreckage, rather than of loss.
The vessel presumably stranded out at sea, possibly beyond Scottish waters.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 9 August 2005.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- Bibliographic reference: Whittaker, I G. 1998. Off Scotland: a comprehensive record of maritime and aviation losses in Scottish waters. 236.