Woodside Lodge, Gladsmuir
For copyright information please contact ELC Archaeology Service
- HER number: MEL9332
- Site Name: Woodside Lodge, Gladsmuir
- Grid Reference: 346107 673042
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: A group of modern pits found during a watching brief
- Description: (1) In June 2006, Headland Archaeology Ltd undertook an archaeological watching brief during the excavation of a central pipeline trench in the wayleave for the Haddington Pipeline Reinforcement, East Lothian. Four pits were identified and recorded in the course of the watching-brief. Modern white glaze pottery was found in two of the four pits, with one also containing modern red brick. These pits may have been related to the abandoned Gladsmuir Tile and Brick Works which is located nearby.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Unpublished document: Jones, A. 2006. Data Structure Report: Archaeological Watching Brief on Gas Pipeline Reinforcement, Haddington, East Lothian.