Please note: Due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak we are currently closed.
Cadgers' Well, Pilmuir
- HER number: MEL9378
- Site Name: Cadgers' Well, Pilmuir
- Grid Reference: 348625 669055
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: The Cadgers' Well
- Description: (1) A well within a circular stone structure is visible to the side of the road at Pilmuir Old Manse, adjacent to the site of the ruined Free Church. Martine writes in 1890, " A grand spring of pure water, free to all, called the "Cadgers' Well", is found bubbling up in a round fountain near the Free Church of Pilmore and Salton. It is never known to get dry even in the driest seasons."
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- (1) Bibliographic reference: Martine, J. 1894. Reminiscences and notes of ten parishes of the county of Haddington. 29.