Dunbar, Lafarge Cement Uk North-east Quarry
- HER number: MEL9439
- Site Name: Dunbar, Lafarge Cement Uk North-east Quarry
- Grid Reference: 372849 675770
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Post Hole
- Round House (domestic)
- Summary: Remains of round houses found during evaluation
- Description: (1) In September and October 2005, AOC Archaeology Group undertook archaeological trial trenching amounting to 84,535m2, in the westernmost 132ha portion of a proposed quarry development at East Barns, Dunbar. The evaluation revealed significant archaeological remains in three discrete areas, all of which will require additional investigative work.
Post-holes and a curvilinear feature distributed over an area of approximately 500m2 probably denote later prehistoric timber-built roundhouses at NT 7285 7577.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Interventions:
- Related Places:
- Bibliographic reference: Gooder and Cook, J and Martin. 2005a. 'Lafarge Cement UK North-East Quarry, Dunbar (Dunbar parish), evaluation', Discovery Excav Scot, vol.6, 2005. 51.
- (1) Unpublished document: Cook, M. 2005. Lafarge UK North-East Quarry, Dunbar: Evaluation (Autumn 2005) Data Structure Report.