Howe Mire / Sweethope House
- HER number: MEL95
- Site Name: Howe Mire / Sweethope House
- Grid Reference: 335751 671353
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Coal Workings
- Ridge And Furrow
- Field Boundary
- Summary: Cropmarks of field boundaries, rig and coal pits
- Description: NT37SE 62 centred on 3567 7130
NT 357 713. Coal Sinks and Cropmarks, Howe Mire: visible on aerial photographs.
(Undated) information in NMRS.
An old field boundary to the NE of Sweethope House has been recorded by aerial photography (RCAHMSAP 1994) and is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Edinburghshire, 1854, sheet 7).
Information from RCAHMS (GJW) 17 December 1997.
Two broad lines of coal pits have been recorded as cropmarks alongside further indeterminate cropmarks on oblique aerial photography (RCAHMSAP 1979, 1981, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000) lying on the gently sloping ground of Howe Mire. The field boundary lies towards the S.
Information from RCAHMS (KMM) 16 August 2004
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places: