- HER number: MEL9743
- Site Name: Humbie Wood
- Grid Reference: 345973 665527
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Managed Woodland (Post Medieval)
- Summary: Managed woodland, from at least 1633
- Description: (1)(2) Humbie Wood is the subject of woodland deeds dating from 1633 (NAS: RD.1/473,f.166), 1675 (NAS: RD. 12/1680, no. 947), and 1706 (NAS: RD. 13/1710, no. 171), and it is depicted in Blaeu's Atlas of 1654 (see attached). The deeds describe the boundaries of the wood, species of trees, and technical details of management.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Article in serial: Smout, TC. 2006. "Managing the Woodlands of East Lothian, 1585-1795", Transactions of the East Lothian Antiquarian and Field Naturalists Society, vol. 26, 2006, p. 41-53.
- (2) Map: Blaeu, J.. 1654. Lothian and Linlithquo.