Aikengall Water / Burn Hope / Aikengall Community Windfarm
- HER number: MEL9758
- Site Name: Aikengall Water / Burn Hope / Aikengall Community Windfarm
- Grid Reference: 369417 670065
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Summary: Extensive area of drainage
- Description: (1) Site recorded during the desk-based assessment and field reconnaissance survey of Aikengall Community Windfarm, CFA 2007 (Site no 36).
An extensive area of probable drainage was identified from aerial photographs on the gently sloping ridge between Aikengall Water and Burn Hope. Fieldwalking revealed this area to have been drained several times. It was noted that several of the differently aligned drains were parallel and 5m apart. The area was criss-crossed by sheep tracks and shooting butts were also recorded.
(2) Area digitised on the GIS from aerial photographs. Drained area may continue beyond this polygon.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council HER
- Related Interventions:
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Neighbour, T. 2007. Windfarm at Aikengall; Updated Desk-based Assessment and Field Reconnaissance Survey. site no 36.
- (2) Aerial Photograph: Ordnance Survey. 2002. 2002 East Lothian Aerial Photograph Coverage.