- Object Name: box
- Accession Number: 1726
- Date: 1880c=1900c
- Description: octagonal souvenir box of sycamore wood with hinged lid and metal clasp, lined in blue velvet, oval picture on lid of Canty Bay, at front two oval pictures of North Berwick and Tantallon Castle
Made originally in the Ayrshire village of Mauchline, a large variety of wooden souvenirs, such as this octagonal box, were available in late Victorian times.
This sycamore box has a hinged lid and metal clasp. It is lined in blue paper and velvet. On top is an oval photograph and flanking the clasp on the front side are two oval transfer pictures and SOUVENIR FROM NORTH BERWICK.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council Museums Service