- Object Name: sash
- Accession Number: 1858
- Description: royal blue masonic sash with white border, red and silver strip on each end with silver fringe, letters `GM` in patterned silver metal are attached
This sash was worn by a member of North Berwick's Masonic Lodge. The metal letters and symbols on the apron would be of significance to initiates of the lodge.
This is a royal blue coloured textile Masonic sash with a white border, a red and silver strip on each end and silver fringes. Metal letters GM are attached, to be displayed on the chest when the sash is worn.`GM` stands for `Grand Master`.
Lodge St Baldreds, No 313 was the third Masonic Lodge to be founded in East Lothian, when thirteen members met in March 1825. The lodge met in various places during the succeeding decades, and weathered a period of abeyance around 1870. In 1948 the Lodge purchased the Oddfellows Hall, Forth Street as their permanent Masonic Hall.
- For more information contact: East Lothian Council Museums Service