Phase 2 Archaeological Evaluation At Mauricewood, Penicuik
For copyright information please contact ELC Archaeology Service
- HER number: EEL1064
- Site Name: Phase 2 Archaeological Evaluation At Mauricewood, Penicuik
- Grid Reference: 323419 662080
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: GUARD Archaeology
- Description: (1) In October 2018 GUARD Archaeology undertook the second phase of trial trench evaluation at Mauricewood, Penicuik, in advance of residential development. A 5% evaluation was required, totalling the excavation of ten trenches across the proposed development site, which had recently been occupied by coniferous planting. No archaeological remains were identified during the evaluation other than field drains relating to 19th/20th century land improvement.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Spatial Representation Source: Kilpatrick, M. 2018. Mauricewood Road, Penicuik-Phase 2: Archaeological Evaluation Shapefiles.
- (1) Unpublished document: Kilpatrick, M. 2018. Mauricewood Road, Penicuik-Phase 2: Archaeological Evaluation Data Structure Report.