Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
Evaluation At Cameron Crescent, Bonnyrigg
- HER number: EEL352
- Site Name: Evaluation At Cameron Crescent, Bonnyrigg
- Grid Reference: 329954 664412
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: AOC Archaeology Group (Scotland)
- Description: (1) In May 2005, AOC Archaeology Group undertook an evaluation prior to a proposed development of land owned by Midlothian Council and Lasswade Rugby Football Club at Cameron Crescent, Poltonhall, Bonnyrigg. Twenty-six evaluation trenches covering 3000 m² (5% of the development area) were opened. No significant archaeological features were revealed. A number of probable 19th or 20th century pits containing cinder and coal-rich dumped topsoil and clay subsoil were recorded in the west of the site.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Bibliographic reference: Roy, M. 2006e. 'Cameron Crescent, Bonnyrigg, Midlothian (Lasswade parish), evaluation', Discovery and Excavation, Scotland, 7, 2006, 105, Dorchester. 105.
- (1) Digital archive: Roy, M. 2006. Cameron Crescent, Bonnyrigg, Midlothian: Archaeological Evaluation.
- (1) Unpublished document: Roy, M. 2006. Cameron Crescent, Bonnyrigg, Midlothian: Archaeological Evaluation.