Please note: Due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak we are currently closed.
Evaluation At Hunterfield Road And Newbyres, Gorebridge
- HER number: EEL470
- Site Name: Evaluation At Hunterfield Road And Newbyres, Gorebridge
- Grid Reference: 333840 662176
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: AOC Archaeology Group (Scotland)
- Description: (1) An archaeological evaluation was undertaken by AOC Archaeology Group on land parcels proposed for residential development at Newbyres and Hunterfield Road, Gorebridge, Midlothian. The work was commissioned by Persimmon Homes East Scotland Ltd. The work was carried out during March 2008 and consisted of 46 trenches totalling 7070 m². Despite evidence from cartographic and bibliographic sources that the area was in heavy industrial use in the 19th and 20th centuries, the evaluation revealed no features or artefacts of archaeological significance.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- : Clements, V. 2008. 'Hunterfield Road and Newbyres, Gorebridge, Midlothian (Cockpen / Newbattle parishes), evaluation', Discovery Excav Scot, New Series, Vol. 9, 2008, p. 120, Cathedral Communications Limited, Wiltshire, England.. 120.
- (1) Unpublished document: Clements, V. 2008. Hunterfield Road and Newbyres, Gorebridge: Data Structure Report.
- (2) Digital archive: Clements, V. 2008. Hunterfield Road and Newbyres, Gorebridge: Data Structure Report.