Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
Archaeological Watching Brief At Upper Dalhousie Quarry
- HER number: EEL991
- Site Name: Archaeological Watching Brief At Upper Dalhousie Quarry
- Grid Reference: 330389 662921
- Civil Parish:
- Organisation: CFA Archaeology Ltd
- Description: (1) During August 2008, and following an archaeological evaluation, an intensive archaeological watching brief was undertaken during topsoil stripping operations for a sand quarry extension. A single circular pit containing a single fill was recorded, which may be related to other similar pits containing Neolithic pottery identified during the preceding evaluation.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Mitchell, S. 2009. Upper Dalhousie Quarry, Midlothian. Archaeological Mitigation (Intensive Watching Brief) Data Structure Report.