For copyright information please contact ELC Archaeology Service
- HER number: MEL10205
- Site Name: Goldburn
- Grid Reference: 325161 667061
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: Pit
- Description: (1) Between March 2009 and July 2011 CFA Archaeology undertook a watching brief on the new Edinburgh Drinking Water Pipeline from Glencorse, Midlothian to Alnwickhill, Edinburgh. The programme of work led to the identification of 3 sites. Site 2 at Goldburn consisted of a single pit containing fire-cracked stone and a single flint flake. It is likely to have been a cooking pit and considered to be prehistoric in date.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Unpublished document: Kirby, M.. 2011. Edinburgh Drinking Water Pipeline Glencorse to Alnwickhill, Midlothian & City of Edinburgh: Archaeological Watching Brief.
- (2) Digital archive: Kirby, M.. 2011. Edinburgh Drinking Water Pipeline Glencorse to Alnwickhill, Midlothian & City of Edinburgh: Archaeological Watching Brief.