- HER number: MEL11103
- Site Name: Newton Village
- Grid Reference: 331941 669501
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- School (20th Century, Modern)
- Summary: Newton School
- Description: (1-2) A desk-based assessment and field survey were undertaken along the route of the proposed Borders Railway in 2009 by CFA Archaeology, in preparation for a cultural heritage management plan. The work recorded a that the former school of Newton Village is depicted and annotated on Ordnance Survey mapping 1919 to 1958, and is annotated as an engineering works on the 1968 Ordnance Survey map.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Interventions:
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Unpublished document: Jones, C & Haines, K. 2009. Cultural Heritage Management Plan: Final Report V1.
- (2) Unpublished document: Jones, C & Haines, K. 2009. Gazetteer of Cultural Heritage Sites and Monuments along the Route of the Borders Railway Project, Final Report V1. site 526.