Gorebridge Gunpowder Works
- HER number: MEL11656
- Site Name: Gorebridge Gunpowder Works
- Grid Reference: 334209 661206
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Blast Wall (Post Medieval)
- Summary: Open space flanked by blast walls
- Description: (1) This site was recorded in 2018 by Addyman Archaeology as part of a survey at the Gorebridge Gunpowder Works, on behalf of the Gorebridge Community Development Trust.
Addyman record an open space flanked by earthen blast walls relating to structures on either side. A previous survey by Connolly in 2009 suggests this blast space would have been planted with trees.
Condition notes: Some modern debris. Bonfire set.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Interventions:
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Unpublished document: Jones,E & Uglow, N. 2018. Gorebridge Gunpowder Works, Midlothian: Feasibility Study and Conservation Management Plan. Site no. 48.