Seafield Road, Lasswade
For copyright information please contact ELC Archaeology Service
- HER number: MEL11698
- Site Name: Seafield Road, Lasswade
- Grid Reference: 325903 664949
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: Field boundary ditch
- Description: (1) In September 2018, AOC undertook an trial trench evaluation in land at Seafield Road, Bilston, in advance of a residential development. The evaluation revealed several field drains, one of which cut across the remains of a linear field boundary ditch visible on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. The ditch was orientated E-W and measured 0.7m wide by 0.2m deep, with a 10m long section exposed in the evaluation. The ditch cut had sloping sides and a flattish base, and was filled with a compact, light to mid brown silty clay.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Unpublished document: Lowther, J. 2018. Seafield Road, Bilston, Midlothian:Archaeological Evaluation. p.17.