Dalkeith, Cemetery Road, Railway Overbridge
- HER number: MEL5036
- Site Name: Dalkeith, Cemetery Road, Railway Overbridge
- Grid Reference: 332771 666950
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Railway Bridge (19th Century, Post Medieval)
- Summary: Mid 19th century railway bridge
- Description: NT36NW 172 32771 66951
NMRS REPORT DATE: 08/04/2002 Historic Scotland Listed Building Ref: 5054/16/-
Historic Scotland Listed Building Description: Mid 19th century. Narrow bridge, on N-S axis. Saddleback coped stugged ashlar piers; wrought-iron plate girder. Massive cast-iron parapets; 11-bay, with inverted nailhead panels divided by panelled pilasters and raised semicircular blocks.
Historic Scotland Listed Building Notes: This bridge was built after 1853. This bridge crosses the dismantled North British Railway.
Historic Scotland Listed Building References: OS Map 1852-53. J Hume THE INDUSTRIAL ARCHAEOLOGY OF SCOTLAND (1976) Vol I, p183.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods: