- HER number: MEL5167
- Site Name: Lingerwood Farm
- Grid Reference: 333900 663799
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Summary: 19th century farmstead
- Description: NT36SW 56 339 638
A farmstead comprising one unroofed building, three roofed buildings, one of which is arranged around a courtyard, and three enclosures is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Edinburghshire 1854, sheet 13). Four roofed buildings and four enclosures are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1991).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 13 October 2000
NMRS REPORT DATE: 19/02/2001
(1) In August 2005, AOC undertook a desk-based assessment for land at Lingerwood Farm, Newtongrange. The study identified five sites (AOC sites 1-5) within the assessment area. Lingerwood Farm (AOC site 3), is recorded as having six miners cottages cottages associated with the farm constructed in c.1900. A site visit undertaken by AOC in August 2005 recorded the farmstead as being constructed primarily of grey sandstone with later brick additions and some outbuilding alterations, with likely contemporary walls constructed along the roadside and around the garden. The farmstead is recorded at the time of the visit as being in good condition and in full use, with numerous building phases apparent.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- (1) Unpublished document: Fouracre, L. 2005. A Cultural Heritage Desk-Based Assessment of Lingerwood Farm, Newtongrange. p.20.