Edinburgh And Dalkeith Railway, Adamsrow Bridge
- HER number: MEL4961
- HER number: MEL5212
- Site Name: Edinburgh And Dalkeith Railway, Adamsrow Bridge
- Grid Reference: 332503 670247
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Railway Bridge (19th Century, Post Medieval)
- Summary: Site of railway bridge
- Description: NT37SW 596 32492 70244
This viaduct or bridge, which carried the railway over a minor road near cottages, is visible on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Edinburghshire1854, sheet 7) and on the 2nd edition of the OS 6-inch map (Edinburghshire 1895, sheet ivSW).
Information from RCAHMS (MD) 19 July 2001.
The location of this structure appears to fall within the area of Millerhill marshalling yard (NT37SW 1137).
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 23 August 2004.
The OS First edition map, 25-inch series shows that this bridge was at the NE end of 'Adamsrow'. It was removed during the construction of Millerhill marshalling yard, as was Adamsrow.
Information from RCAHMS (DE), March 2005
NMRS REPORT DATE: 29/03/2005
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods: