- HER number: MEL5360
- Site Name: Borthwick Mains
- Grid Reference: 337009 660022
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Farmhouse (Post Medieval)
- Farmstead (Post Medieval)
- Description: (1-2) A desk-based assessment and field survey were undertaken along the route of the proposed Borders Railway in 2009 by CFA Archaeology, in preparation for a cultural heritage management plan. The work recorded that Borthwick is annotated on Roy's may, and is shown in detail on the Ordnance Survey 1st Edition map and subsequent Editions.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Interventions:
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Unpublished document: Jones, C & Haines, K. 2009. Cultural Heritage Management Plan: Final Report V1.
- (2) Unpublished document: Jones, C & Haines, K. 2009. Gazetteer of Cultural Heritage Sites and Monuments along the Route of the Borders Railway Project, Final Report V1. site 148.